It is a part of filmmaking and the video production process. It occurs in the making of motion pictures, television programs, radio programs, advertising, audio recordings, photography, and digital art. It is a term for all stages of production occurring after the actual end of shooting and/or recording the completed work. Post-production is, in fact, many different processes grouped under one name. These typically include:
- Video editing (EDL)
- Writing, (re)recording, and editing the soundtrack.
- Adding visual special effects – mainly computer-generated imagery (CGI)
- Sound design, Sound effects, ADR, Foley and Music
- Transfer of Color motion picture film to Video or DPX with a color grading (correction) in a color suite.
- Graphic: It is a creative process
- Editing: Complete work the editing process often begins with the author’s idea for the work itself.